ABOUT THE CONTEST
Big shipping companies appreciate the benefits of drones since in significant segments of their logistics systems the continuity of regular small cargo delivery is more important than large cargo delivery with long waiting time.
The Up Great Aerologistics Technological Contest is planned to take place before 2024. Its participants will have to overcome a complex technological barrier that will pave the way towards mass use of unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) in goods delivery.
- To ensure drone delivery of at least 50 kg cargo in 1000 km distance with many in-between dynamically chosen stops for cargo loading and unloading;
- Such stops are 50-100 km far from each other;
- Drones can get no tech support on these stops;
- Remote pilot and remote pilot stations (RPS) cannot be substituted;
- Landing area size is restricted according to infrastructural rules;
- Drone delivery must be carried out as part of cooperative air traffic in common airspace and in difficult weather conditions.
is 30 days before
the start of qualification trials